Saturday, April 24, 2010

My First Sale!

I am very happy to announce that I have sold my very first piece of art. Erin Kelly from Pembroke, Ontario has purchased my piece "Mockery". It is a narrative collage which was created with storybook pages on posterboard. The piece portrays a princess that magically beheads all of the princes who come to wed her. It attempts to mock the societal ideal that all women should grow up to be "perfect" women and should find "perfect" men to marry them. It is an unrealistic and poisonous message that our modern cartoons help spread. Thank you for your support Erin!

Mockery - Disney Books Characters Die

Here is a photo of the piece "Mockery". I hope you enjoy it Erin!

This is a photo of Erin Kelly (Right) and I (Left) at our Education Graduation Luncheon. Erin and I both specialized in teaching junior and intermediate History.

No comments:

Post a Comment