Tuesday, November 01, 2011

- Progress Pictures of My New Series "As It Comes ..." -

Generally people really enjoy seeing how an art piece is made so I thought I would give you a little inside peek. My new art series "As It Comes ..." was created using multiple steps and took me approximately two months to complete. Here are the progress pictures including some captions explaining which materials were used during the steps. I hope you enjoy! Thanks for viewing!


Step I: Chalk Pastels, Oil Pastels, Conte, and Watercolour Pastels.


Step II: Micro Pigment, Black Generic Pen (for multifacets), and Pen & Ink.


Step III: Graphite Pencil, Gaugin Pencils from the Van Gogh Museum in Amsterdam, Gold Graphite Pencil from the Hagia Sophia in Istanbul, a Van Gogh Multi Coloured Pencil from the Van Gogh Museum in Amsterdam, and a Multi Coloured Pencil from Michelangelo's Libary in Florence.


Step IV: Watercolour Paint, Liquid Gold Leaf, and Oil Paint.


Step IV: My Oil Palette and Mind Map as ideas pop into my head!


Step V: Home Made Encaustic (Wax) Paint.


Step V: Encaustic Paint - 1st Layer

No comments:

Post a Comment