Monday, March 18, 2013

!!! ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY !!!


beauty art, portrait artist, mixed media artist, malinda prudhomme, artist one year anniversary, full time artist


Over the weekend I celebrated my ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY of becoming a FULL TIME ARTIST! 

Last year on March 16 2012 I handed out my last exam to my Grade 12 students, stayed late to finish marking their exams, and with much happiness and hope for the future I placed all of my students marks and assignments on my principals desk and began a new life filled with beauty and colour. 

Though the year has flown by, I feel I have achieved so much.  Here are only a few of the highlights ...

1) I was accepted into my first exhibition since finishing my art education, "The Mayworks Sudbury Juried Exhibition".
2) I began offering 8" x 10" art prints of my work for $20.00 CAD.
3) I built my very first website all on my own!
4) I began offering Art Pendant Necklaces that feature my artwork and had some sales in the US!
5) I took part in an artist run show called "ARTMUSICCRAFYCOMEDY".
6) I was accepted into a couple of outdoor shows, my very first outdoor show being "The Sunnyside Beach Juried Art Show & Sale" which was followed by "Art Squared".
7) I began offering LARGE PRINTS of my artwork via the secure website FAA.
8) I took part in two winter arts/crafts sales, "The EHP Christmas Arts & Crafts Sale" and "Gifts Of My Hands".
9) I created two pieces of Custom Chainmaille Jewelry.
10) I was accepted into a month long Gallery show at "White Water Gallery" called "Black Water Art".
11) I designed and built a whole new website (and after some issues, had to build it again!). 
12) I was able to exhibit my work in Aboveground Art Supplies "Staircase Showcase" which is still up until the end of March!
13) I gained over 500 "Likes" on my Facebook Page! (Join the fun HERE)
14) I accumulated more than 4,800 followers on Twitter! (Follow me HERE)
15) I completed SEVEN commissioned art pieces. (Commission your own HERE!)
16) I created FORTY SIX art pieces in one year!  Wow ... I can't believe it.
17) And I recently got ENGAGED to the most supportive and loving person I have ever met!

So much has happened but I am confident that there is much more to follow!  Here's to an amazing first year and many more to come!  CHEERS! :D


1 comment: